Easy to handle, slim and beautiful – the classic Stutzen is still considered to be the most elegant design of a bolt action rifle.
Inspired by SAUER's philosophy to build the most accurate and yet the most elegant rifles in the world, Sauer's craftsmen have now taken on this beautiful weapon.
Invisible from the outside and hidden in the inside of the front stock, there is a solid carbon core. This helps make warping, stock breakage or other mechanical changes once and for all a thing of the past. This means life-long precision no more and no less in the most elegant shape possible thanks to the laser line technology used for the texturing from the butt cap to the muzzle.
S 404 Stutzen Select Lefthand version
- ERGO MAX walnut stock with laser line shaft texturing
- Continuous Stutzen front stock with integrated carbon rail and laser line shaft texturing
- 22 mm walnut chamber ball
- SAUER Quattro trigger with four adjustable trigger pull weights: 550 g // 750 g // 1,000 g // 1,250 g
- Infinitely adjustable trigger blade, adjustment path 8 mm long // swivel range 5° either side
- SAUER Universal Mounting integrated into the housing for an extremely low overall height
- Magazine securing "MagLock"
|Caliber groups / Bolt heads|
|Medium||.243 Win., .270 Win., 7x64, .308 Win., .30-06 Spring., 8x57 IS, 9,3x62|
|Medium||17 mm||51 cm||3,2 kg|
|Magnum||17 mm / 19 mm||62 cm||ab 3,36 kg|
SAUER Length of twist
|Caliber||Length of twist (mm)||Length of twist (Inches)|
|6,5 Creedmoor||203 mm||8,7"|
|.308 Win.||279 mm||11,0"|
|.30-06 Spring.||279 mm||11,0"|
|8x57 IS||240 mm||9,4"|
|7mm Rem. Mag.||241 mm||9,5"|
|.300 Win. Mag.||279 mm||11,0"|
|8x68 S||279 mm||11,0"|
|.338 Win. Mag.||305 mm||12,0"|
|.375 H&H Mag.||305 mm||12,0"|
|.404 Jeffery||420 mm||16,5"|