Participating in the competition, its implementation and the drawing of prizes are governed by the following provisions:
Article 1 – Competition (Sauer Raffle 2021)
The firm J.P. Sauer & Sohn GmbH, Ziegelstadel 1, 88316 Isny im Allgäu (referred hereafter as the “Organizer”) will implement the competition raffle. The raffle starts on 15.03.2021 and ends on 28.02.2022. The Sauer Raffle 2021 is referred hereafter to as the “competition”. The Organizer is the sole awarding body of the prizes in accordance to article 657 of the German Civil Code.
Article 2 – Participation
(1) Only those natural persons who are at least 18 years old and reside in one of the following countries are entitled to participate in the competition: Andorra, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Great Britain, Hungary Ireland, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Malta, Mauritius, New Zealand, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Rumania, Sweden, Switzerland, Serbia, Slovenia, Spain and USA (participating countries).
(2) No prizes will be awarded to participants who are under 18 years of age.
(3) To participate in the raffle for the grand prize (a Sauer 404 special edition), it is mandatory to have a valid rifle purchase authorization / hunting license.
(4) The participation in this competition and the raffle is free of charge; it is not restricted to the Organizer’s customers and does not depend upon buying any goods or services, or subscribing to the Organizer’s newsletter.
(5) Participation in the competition takes place solely via the Organizer’s homepage. The participant completes the online form and sends it back via the function on the participation form that is provided for this purpose. For the determination of a winner, only those forms can be accepted where the conditions have been accepted and all of the information has been completely and correctly provided. The participant is solely responsible for the correctness of this information (especially the telephone number and postal or email address).
(6) The participant’s personal information must correspond to the truth, otherwise they will be excluded from the competition according to article 3, paragraph 2 (d) of the terms and conditions named herein. The participant will be informed about the prize solely via e-mail direct message. We wish to expressly point out that no further confirmation from the prize winner is needed by means of a telephone call using a premium service (0900), mass-calling service (0137), shared-cost service (0180) or similar chargeable telephone numbers. Such requests do not come from the Organizer. If the participant should nevertheless receive a request via any type of communicatory means to call back in order to confirm the prize, we strongly recommend ignoring this request as, to the best of our knowledge, they are fraudulent.
(7) Each participant can take part in the competition and in the draw for the prizes with only one submitted registration. It is strictly prohibited to use more than one email address or more than one Facebook profile to increase the chances of winning (so-called “multiple registration”). A multiple registration will lead to exclusion from the competition and prize raffle according to article 3, paragraph 4 of these terms and conditions.
Article 3 – Exclusion from the competition
(1) Employees of the Organizer, as well as all other persons involved in the conceptualization and implementation of the competition and raffle, as well as their family members, are excluded from participation in the competition and subsequent raffle.
(2) Furthermore, the Organizer reserves the right, at its own discretion, to exclude participants from the competition and from raffling of prizes if there are justified reasons, especially in the cases of:
- (a) manipulation in connection with access to or implementation of the competition and subsequent raffling of the prize;
- (b) infringements of these terms and conditions, particularly in the case of providing false information with reference to the possibility of participating in the raffle (article 2 (2));
- (c) dishonest acts;
- (d) false or misleading information about the participant, which has been provided in connection with the competition and raffling of the prize;
(3) The Organizer reserves the right to exclude the participant from the competition and the raffle, insofar as it appears necessary to do so for reasons of fairness and equal opportunity vis-à-vis other participants;
(4) The Organizer reserves the right to exclude the participant from the competition in the case of any multiple registration.
Article 4 – Implementation and handling
(1) The competition and raffling of the prize will be decided by the drawing of lots under surveillance of the Organizer.
(2) A participant can only win once during the competition.
(3) Participation in the competition is only valid within the participation period between 15.03.2021 and 28.02.2022 from 00:00 (CET) to 23:59 (CET). Entries received after the closing date and time will not be taken into account in the draw for the prize.
(4) The actual draw for the prize will take place on the workday following the day of the draw. The winning participant will be notified per email.
(5) The winner of a prize that has been raffled on a weekend, will be announced on the following workday.
(6) If, for reasons that lie alone with prize winner, the prize cannot be delivered within 4 (four) weeks after the first notification of the win, the claim to the prize shall be forfeited.
(7) The item that is visually presented on the Organizer’s homepage within the scope of the competition and raffle, is not necessarily identical to the item that has been won. On the contrary, there may be deviations in terms of color, design, etc. The Organizer can choose an item that is equal in value to the item which is visually presented as the prize.
(8) The Organizer will deliver the prize directly to the winner. The delivery will usually be made within 4 weeks after notification of the prize win. However, this period is not binding and the Organizer can postpone it at any time.
(9) The delivery in accordance with the aforementioned paragraphs 9 and 10 will be made free of charge within the Federal Republic of Germany. The place of performance (domicilium disputandi) remains the Organizer’s registered head office, in the case that the winner accepts dispatch costs.
(10) The prize will not be paid out in cash. This also applies if the prize is no longer available in the version presented on the homepage (change of model, seasonal goods, etc.). The winner will then receive a replacement of equal value or a voucher from the Organizer for the same value of the original prize. A voucher must be redeemed all at once. Vouchers will also not be paid out in cash.
(11) The claims to any prize, or to any compensations, cannot be transferred to a third party.
(12) The winner is responsible for paying any applicable tax on the prize.
Article 5 – Warranty and liability; complaints
(1) The winner must notify the Organizer of any obvious defects in the prize within 10 days after receiving the prize. The time limit will be complied with only if the complaint has been sent promptly beforehand. No warranty claims for obvious defects will exist if this time limit has been neglected.
(2) The Organizer is not liable for the damages that can arise due to errors, delays or interruptions of the notification, nor because of malfunctions of technical equipment or of services, nor because of inaccurate contents, lost or deletion of data, viruses or in another way, which may occur during participation in the competition and raffling of the prize, unless such damages are brought about deliberately or grossly negligently by the Organizer (or by respective agencies, employees or sub-contractors), or if they infringe on cardinal duties. Their liability for damages that are caused because of injuring the life, limb or health remains unaffected.
(3) Complaints that refer to implementing the competition must be made in writing to the Organizer within 14 days after the reason becomes known. Complaints that are made by telephone or delayed complaints will not be considered.
Article 6 – Premature termination of the competition
The Organizer expressly reserves the right to terminate the competition without making a prior announcement and without notification of the reasons. The Organizer can make use of this possibility especially whenever it cannot be ensured that the competition and raffling of the prize can be implemented properly because of technical or legal reasons. The Organizer reserves the right to demand compensatory damages from a participant insofar as this participant’s conduct has caused the termination.
Article 7 – Protection of data
(1) It is essential to register for the competition by providing appropriate information about personal data, especially the first and last name, or maiden name, and the email address in order to be able to take part in the competition and raffle.
(2) The Organizer will collect, process, use and store the participant’s data which was provided during registration for the express purpose of implementing and handling the competition only during the period of the competition and subsequent raffle; this data will also be forwarded to any transport company that might be commissioned by the Organizer. The registered data will not be used and/or stored by the Organizer, or third parties without the participant’s express consent.
(3) The participant can optionally consent to the storage of their personal data, which may be processed and forwarded for commercial purposes or for a subscription to the Organizer’s newsletter, either by the Organizer or by third parties who the Organizer has commissioned. The consent to use the participant’s personal data for commercial purposes is given separately by means of clicking on the “opt-in” field and is expressly not a prerequisite for participation in the competition.
(4) In the case of a win, the prize winner has declared consent having their name and locality published in the advertising media that the Organizer uses. This consent also includes announcing the winner on the Organizer’s website and on its social media platforms.
(5) The Organizer will comply with the legal regulations when processing and using any of the participant’s personal data.
Article 8 – Revocation
Participation in the competition can be revoked by the participant at any time. The revocation must be sent to the Organizer’s contact data found in the imprint of the web site at www.sauer.de. The participant’s data that has been collected and stored will be deleted immediately after participation in the competition has been revoked. The participant thereby withdraws from taking part in the competition and subsequent raffle.
Article 9 – Disclaimer concerning Facebook
This promotional campaign is not connected with Facebook and it is not being sponsored, supported or organized by Facebook in any way. Legal claims against Facebook cannot be made in any form. Participation via Facebook takes place exclusively under these terms and conditions.
Article 10 – Disclaimer concerning Instagram
This promotional campaign is not connected with Instagram and it is not being sponsored, supported or organized by Instagram in any way. Legal claims against Instagram cannot be made in any form. Participation via Instagram takes place exclusively under these terms and conditions.
Article 11 – Miscellaneous
(1) Questions that are asked or complaints that are made in connection with the competition must be directed to the Organizer. The means of contacting the Organizer are provided in the imprint of the web site at www.sauer.de.
(2) Legal recourse is excluded.
(3) The law of the Federal Republic of Germany shall exclusively apply.
(4) If any provision of these terms and conditions is or becomes entirely or partly invalid, then the validity of remaining terms and conditions will not be otherwise affected. That provision which has become invalid shall be replaced by a legally permissible provision that most closely reflects the economic intent and purpose of the invalid provision. The same shall apply in the event that a loophole in these terms and conditions has been presented.
(5) The Organizer is permitted to alter the terms and conditions and the implementation thereof at any time without making a prior announcement or providing information about the reasons. Supplements and ancillary agreements regarding the terms and conditions for prize processing must be made in writing in order to be effective.